Authors are encouraged to upload a DOC file with full text that incorporates tables and figures as well as separated files of tables and figures. The reference style, the sections of the paper and other formatting issues are described in detail in instruction for authors (http://www.genapp.ba/index.php/genapp/about).
After a paper is submitted to a journal, a journal Editor decides whether or not to send the manuscript for full peer review. Only after clearing the initial screening the manuscript is sent to two peer reviewers. Finally, journal editors or the journal’s editorial board consider the peer reviewers’ reports and make the final decision to accept or reject the manuscript for publication.
Reviewers can recommend to Editor one of the following:
• Accept submission without revisions
• Accept submission after minor revisions
• Accept submission after major revisions
• Revise and resubmit
• Decline submission
Technical reasons for rejection include:
• Incomplete data such as too small a sample size or missing or poor controls
• Poor analysis such as using inappropriate statistical tests or a lack of statistics altogether
• Inappropriate methodology for answering hypothesis or using old methodology that has been surpassed by newer, more powerful methods that provide more robust results
• Weak research motive where hypothesis is not clear or scientifically valid
• Inaccurate conclusions on assumptions that are not supported by data
Editorial reasons for rejection include:
• Out of scope for the journal
• Not enough of an advance or of enough impact for the journal
• Research ethics ignored such as consent from patients or approval from an ethics committee for animal research
• Lack of proper structure or not following journal formatting requirements
• Lack of the necessary detail for readers to fully understand and repeat the authors’ analysis and experiments
• Lack of up-to-date references or references containing a high proportion of self-citations
• Has poor language quality such that it cannot be understood by readers
• Difficult to follow logic or poorly presented data.
• Violation of publication ethics
The editor is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published. The editor may be guided by the policies of the journal’s editorial board and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism. The editor may confer with other editors or reviewers in making this decision. An editor at any time evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors. The editor and any editorial staff must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate. Unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript must not be used in an editor’s own research without the express written consent of the author.
All submissions to G&A must be made electronically via the Open Journal System (OJS) online submission and peer review system at the following URL: https://www.genapp.ba/index.php/genapp/about/submissions.
First-time users must register and provide basic information. After creating profile, authors will be guided thought the on-line submission process.